The Innovation Centre is located at the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park. The Centre is a clean technology innovation hub to promote a sustainable energy future in Dubai and beyond. Through the Innovation Centre, DEWA aims to raise awareness about sustainability, while building national capabilities and increasing competitiveness. The Innovation Centre will support the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050 to diversify the energy mix and supply 75% of Dubai’s total power output from clean energy by 2050.
DEWA Innovation Centre is a public attraction and will be open to visitors of all ages including students, families, business people and professionals. The Centre will take visitors on a journey where they can learn and truly experience the importance of clean and renewable technologies.
A clean technology innovation hub to promote sustainable energy future in Dubai and beyond.
Fostering clean technology innovation through knowledge sharing, Capacity building and investing in innovative clean technology solutions to provide clean and sustainable energy for the world’s growing population.
Objectives of the Centre
- A world leading innovation hub that promotes the latest innovation in clean and renewable energy and highlights the green initiatives of the Government of Dubai and DEWA.
- Develop skills and build the next generation of innovators in clean technology by focusing on growing and promoting local talent.
- To act as an education centre by hosting events, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- To build strong collaboration with local and international schools, universities, start-ups and companies on research, knowledge exchange and exhibitions.
The Innovation Centre Building Key Achievements:
- The Solar Innovation Centre achieved LEED platinum, scoring 101 out of 110 in the first quarter of 2020.
- The only government building in the world to achieve more than 100 points in the new construction category. The building achieved this distinction with high marks in water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, energy efficiency, innovation and design.
- Highest score in the world for a public assembly building in the new construction category.
- First and largest government centre to receive the ‘Done by Youth’ seal from the Federal Youth Authority.
Explore the Centre
Ground FloorReception Area
1st FloorDEWA Museum
2nd FloorLecture Room